Joe Budd Aquatic Education Center (JBAEC) is located just outside Tallahassee, in the midst of a Wildlife Management Area, and provides an opportunity for students to learn about aquatic ecology in a natural setting. Students participate in aquatic programs, ranging from studying pond life to wetland surveys that are selected to complement their classroom learning. Students are provided with equipment and supervised instruction while they enjoy fishing in JBAEC's well-stocked 15-acre pond. We hope this first-hand experience with an aquatic habitat will enhance the students' appreciation of proper environmental management.JBAEC is open to school groups Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The staff offers hands-on aquatic activities and can structure programs to fit teacher's needs. Programs can be scheduled by calling JBAEC at (850) 933-4322.
The following are some guidelines to consider when scheduling a program at JBAEC:
- The programs are offered at no charge, on a first come, first serve basis.
- Program are offered Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Most programs average 60-90 minutes in length.
- All programs will be led by JBAEC staff.
- Children must be at least seven years of age to participate in programs.
- We prefer to limit your group size to 50 participants, but larger groups may be accommodated. Please contact JBAEC for details.
- Shoes that cover the entire foot must be worn if students are participating in hiking activities.
- There must be at least one adult for every 8 children.